Emergency Procedure - Criminal or Violent Behavior

Immediately call 911 if you are the victim of or witness to any of the following:

  • Assault
  • Verbal or other threat of bodily harm
  • Suspicious activity
  • Crimes in progress
  • Weapons violations
  • Activities presenting a serious risk to the individual or others

To report non-emergency crimes (such as vandalism, parking violations, etc.) or for general questions, call University Police at 459-2231, 24 hours a day.

When reporting a crime, be sure to provide the following information to the dispatcher:

  • Nature of the incident.
  • Location of the incident.
  • Description of the person(s) involved. Be specific (features, clothing, etc.)
  • Description of the property involved.
  • If the suspect has left the scene, their last known path and means of travel.

See Also