Instructions for Starting your Continuity Plan in UCReady
How to start a plan:
Before starting your plan, we recommend contacting Business Continuity Planner Lisa Ehret at 459-3828 or email@example.com. She can help walk you through the process any answer any questions you may have. Once you're ready to login to the UCReady Continuity Planning Tool, please follow these steps:
- Login to the ITS CruzID Manager website, https://cruzid.ucsc.edu and follow the instructions for setting up a Gold password, unless you already have one.
- Login to UCReady at https://us.ready.kuali.org/ucsc Select UC Santa Cruz from the drop-down list.
- At the CruzID authentication page, login with your Gold password.
- Next, you are invited to begin your plan; select the "Begin or Edit Your Plan" link at the bottom of this page.
- At the next page, select the "Create New Plan" red button. After entering the department information requested, select the "Create a New Plan" button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, select the beige-shaded "Add/Remove User" link and add users, giving each user either "view access" or "full access" to your plan;
- When complete, select "Update Plan Users". and then the "Back" button.
Congratulations! You've successfully started a plan and should now navigate through each of the five plan building steps, that are displayed in blue at the top of each page . Don't agonize over any questions you can't answer; make note of them and move on. Also be aware that you don't need to fill in every field in order to complete a plan. Do the best you can to address your department's critical functions and the key resources necessary to perform them; build a credible list of action items. You can mark your plan "Complete" when you feel you have made your best effort at addressing each pertinent step in UCReady, knowing that you will be required to review your plan at least annually, and can make edits to it at any time.
Good luck and happy planning!